Launching MazeList

rassini

Launching MazeList

Post by rassini » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi all,

I've set up a MazeList (several mazes with mult choice and images/text spliced in to divide "levels"), but it will not launch in MazeWalker. When choosing the MazeList file in the "Open Maze" dialog and then clicking 'START,' nothing happens (dialog box closes, then nothing). Also have tried to directly open the MazeList file with MazeWalker, no luck.

I'm sure this is a simple task, and I am simply missing a step somewhere. Would someone be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
'
Rob

rassini

Re: Launching MazeList

Post by rassini » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:23 pm

***UPDATE***

The software is crashing upon launching a MazeList appears to be caused by a memory issue. The crash log indicates that this is a BEX error.

Attempting to launch the MazeList in an earlier version (v2.7) appears to work. The MazeList launches. However, this older version cannot handle the mazes that I've made (using curved walls).

Is it possible to download an earlier version of v3 (v3.0.0 - v3.0.4)? I cannot find any download links (all links give me 3.0.5). If this is at all possible, please point me in the direction of how I can go about doing this.

Thanks,

Rob

AdrianC

Post by AdrianC » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:36 am

Hi rassini!
Would you be able to share a sample mazelist where this crash happens?

AC

rassini

Post by rassini » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:34 am

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your reply. I've attached the MazeList that is causing the software crash. Please let me know if there is any other info/files I can provide.

Happy New Year!

Rob
Attachments
Morris_Maze_MASTER.mel
MazeList file that cannot be launched
(5.28 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

rassini

Post by rassini » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:08 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to launch the MazeList attached to my previous message in v3.0.5? Any help in determining whether there is a way to launch, or where I would be able to get a copy of v3.0.0-v3.0.4, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

AdrianC

Post by AdrianC » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:55 pm

Hi! I took a look at your mazelist file and identified the bug behind the crash. If you want your list to work immediately, you can shorten the longest message so that it is below 250 characters long (just the longest text message). But in the revision i will post soon you can have longer messages.

You can use a background image with the text pre-rendered to display stuff if that helps in the meantime!

AC

rassini

Post by rassini » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:48 pm

Hi Adrian,

Thanks so much for looking into this, hope it wasn't a pain. Really appreciate the job your lab does with this software!

Cheers,

Rob

AdrianC

Post by AdrianC » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:42 pm

Try using this version in the meantime

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6s972c8sli0l1 ... r.exe?dl=0