Instruction Messages

GS_UNIL
Instruction Messages

Post by GS_UNIL » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:20 am

Here I've a problem for some time.
I configured in Maze List experiments consisting of several times the same maze with just different starting points.
I also added some messages, some instructions for the subjects understand the task. But, instead of these, the "Change Controls" window appear exactly the same amount of time as the instruction should have. I don't know whether the instruction is actually here and behind the "Change Controls" window or out of the screen or simply not here.
How to solve this?

Apart from that, all the "end" messages parametred from the maze files 'emselves (i.e. Congratulations you solved the maze) appear normally.

Another point, quite a detail actually and rather useful for the possible newbies, is the fact that time starts counting just after we decided to lauch the experiment, the display time of the instructions is included, and the time the subject needs to click "ok" inbetween mazes, on the "Congratulation..." dialog! This is not really a problem when it comes to datas for we compute from the very moment the subject started to move. But, this gives always surprising numbers in the maze viewer interface. For some subjects I recorded, and depending on the instructions, it started at 11 seconds.
But, interestingly, in the "list" and mean we get from the "LogProcessor", the times seem to be correct. Thus, Maze Time is not mixed with the total time (Maze Time + instructions + the inbetween each maze).

pancrazio34

Re: Instruction Messages

Post by pancrazio34 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:58 am

GS_UNIL wrote:Here I've a problem for some time.
I configured in Maze List experiments consisting of several times the same maze with just different starting points.
I also added some messages, some instructions for the subjects understand the task. But, instead of these, the "Change Controls" window appear exactly the same amount of time as the instruction should have. I don't know whether the instruction is actually here and behind the "Change Controls" window or out of the screen or simply not here.
How to solve this?
I've the same problem :)

hasanayaz
Site Admin

Re: Instruction Messages

Post by hasanayaz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:23 am

Hi guys, thanks for reporting this, we have restored this functionality in the latest update.