Joystick

GS_UNIL

Joystick

Postby GS_UNIL » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:04 am

Ok, I got a joystick.

Apart from the fact using it is not really interesting for moves lack accuracy (mouse is far better), there's a little problem sometimes.
I noticed in my protocols, there are certain times in which the subject even doesn't require to push the button (nb. the button on the joystick commands "walk forward") to move. It means the subject start walking forward just after the experiment started...
How to solve this problem?
As it may also be interesting to disable the possibility of the subject to stop moving (i.e. like the rat in the Morris water maze), could it be possible to have such an option as "auto-walk : disable/enable"?

AdrianC

Re: Joystick

Postby AdrianC » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:51 pm

At the moment, the joystick motion is dependent on the positions of the X,Y and Z axes. If your throttle (usually the z axis) is not set to zero then the player will move and if your y axis (up down) is not set to zero, the player will move. I'll probably be adding a joystick control settings panel to enable the user to change this and other joystick features soon. In the meantime, make sure the throttle is set to 0 (thats the midpoint, its probably somewhere on your joystick). Although the mouse will always be a more precise movement piece.
Adding autowalk would be very easy to implement, I'll see that it gets put in soon.

AdrianC

Postby AdrianC » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Also once I add on to the joystick configuration, it should be a little easier to make the joystick behave exactly as responsive as you want etc.

AdrianC

Postby AdrianC » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:12 pm

Speaking of joystick configuration, that should be bundled in the next update. I've added the ability to disable the axes you aren't using as well as invert certain ones, and specify the actions of each axis. Give it a try when you get the chance :)

AdrianC

Postby AdrianC » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:27 am

I believe those settings are already available under the joystick options, have you tried this? You may have to redfine the joystick axes though in order to make this work. Go to Advanced->Joystick Settings and give it a go :)

Return to “General Discussion”