Site Admin

Any issues?

Postby hasanayaz » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:33 pm

Please post any issues that you had with installation and first run

holper

Synchronization with a second PC using a serial port

Postby holper » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi Forum

we are running MazeSuite for the first time and would like to synchronize with a second PC using a serial port. We have now tried it using several options of `MazeWalker - Advanced - Serial Port Options`. However, we still receive the error `Communication Error <SetComstate> and no markers are sent.
We would be grateful for any tips / suggestions.

Many thanks, Lisa

AdrianC

Re: Any issues?

Postby AdrianC » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:55 pm

When does the error appear? I'm trying to figure out what I can from my end. Normally the errors I see with the serial class are <CreateFile> errors associated with in-use or non-existent ports being used. It doesn't seem to be either of those issues though. Is there any more information you can give me?

holper

Postby holper » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:21 am

Hi Adrian

thanks for your answer. I obviously found the error source: when I change StopBits = 0, it works fine.
However, I have another question, you might help:
- the other PC we are using can only read incoming markers with single numbers, i.e. 1,2,3,4....etc. The markers send by MazeWalker are 50, 60, 70, 80...etc. Would you know where I could change the marker values that are sent by MazeWalker?

thanks again for any tips.
best
Lisa

AdrianC

Postby AdrianC » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:07 am

What software are you using to read the marker numbers? It's a relatively straightforward process to expand the markers being read by the other computer. If all else fails I can build you a custom configuration for markers, but an easier solution would of course be to just read both digits.

Return to “Setup/Interfacing”