About Tracks: Merging and Else

GS_UNIL

About Tracks: Merging and Else

Post by GS_UNIL » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:49 am

After successfully having used the "LogProcessor" function, I tried to merge several .txt. files in one. My goal was to superimpose several tracks. Such a feature may be interesting when one has produced a big bunch of data and wants to present 'em in some kind of synthetic way, possibly showing some interesting patterns of navigation (e.g. given a certain maze, certain cues and certain type of subject, we may see certain strategies of exploration through certain paths).
Thus, I simply copy-pasted all data in one .txt. I removed the "-1" and other information (except the last "-1").
The only problem I got are the fact - logically - there are some lines authomatically drawn between the starting points and they don't belong to the track. How to remove 'em?

With that, I always wondered whether it's possible or not to extract all these superimposed tracks and make out of 'em a clearer "density" graph, with gradation, expressing how explored is an area (i.e. from red, the most explored, to blue, the less explored; either in terms of time or of distance). It's just an idea. Anyway I guess it's quite offtopic for it is not to soft such as MazeSuite to do that. It just illustrates what kind of need we may have.

Other things that would be fine would be the possibilities to modify colours and the different features, modify the size of graph, make several cues appear, add notes etc.
Again: it is not really important. Just ideas.

I don't mean such things are really necessary. But, the idea may be relevant.

hasanayaz
Site Admin

Re: About Tracks: Merging and Else

Post by hasanayaz » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Thanks a lot for all the feedback. Sure, definitely these are all relevant and necessary features. We are working on a new version that will have similar features implemented. This new version will be available as beta first and we will announce it here as it become ready.

GS_UNIL

Re: About Tracks: Merging and Else

Post by GS_UNIL » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:54 am

Wonderful! ;)