MazeList changing post initial maze textures.

etoml001

MazeList changing post initial maze textures.

Post by etoml001 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:14 pm

I made a 3-maze trial with different starting locations in the same maze.
-First trial is completed
-MazeSuite reloads the first maze w/ different starting location(different near-identical maze)
-MazeSuite will change the color of objects with no textures, and changes the texture of the sky to be the stretched form of the walls texture(distracting for testers)

So the problem is I might be doing something that tells MazeSuite to change the texture of the sky/default texture when it loads another maze.
Has anyone had any similar problems?

Edit:
-Further in I may have more relevant information.
-The texture application happens whether shadowing or lights is off, it happens when a maze list loads any other list than the first
- I mportant: It only happens on objects without material files I believe or other texure referencing files
-It's always a light red color for objects
-The ceiling texturizing can be worked around by assigning a texture to every map

hasanayaz
Site Admin

Re: MazeList changing post initial maze textures.

Post by hasanayaz » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:41 am

Thanks for your message, we are aware of a light reset issue when running maze lists in mazewalker (v2.5.0.0). This is now fixed in the release candidate which available in the downloads section and will be finalized as a next release soon. Please let us know how it works for you.

etoml001

Post by etoml001 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:01 pm

The new 2.6.0.0 MazeWalker software does have the problem fixed, but now there is a new problem, the program runs too slowly(or much much slower) than 2.5.0.0 and now all of my objects have too many polys(even low poly .obj files) and the controls and display lag when showing markers. So I have to use the 2.5.0.0 software for now and load a blank map in the beginning to keep the lighting change not visible to the tester, so the objects stay the same color across the other maze trials.

Another problem I noticed is that when running mazes, the orientation of objects were switched around(maybe to default). It might be from running a maze made in a version of MazeBuilder that didn't come with the 2.6 MazeWalker. Sorry for the problems, :cry:

AdrianC

Post by AdrianC » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:21 pm

In the upcoming release you can disable the MSAA anti aliasing and or bilinear anisotropic filtering to increase performance. In the release candidate these options were not accessible and always enabled. Just give us a day or two :)

hasanayaz
Site Admin

Post by hasanayaz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:07 pm

New version is now released with new manual, see the announcement at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=803

Cheers