Audio cue help

bagross

Audio cue help

Post by bagross » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:53 pm

To Whom It May Concern:
I am trying to set up an audio cue that will increase in volume as the subject moves closer to the exit, and the settings to control the dynamic models are not clear to me. Assuming there is not a built-in feature to control volume based on proximity, I was planning on adding dynamic objects throughout to create trigger zones for various versions of the same audio with differing volumes. Any advice on how to carry this out would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Brooks

Settings I have tried so far with 2 dynamic objects:
Phase 1: Highlight
--Active Radius = 5 (the 2 objects are greater then 10 units from each other, so no overlap in proximity)
--Audio = WAV (when I use an MP3, sound does not shut off when I leave the active radius)
--Audio Loop = 1 (when I set to 0, sounds does not shut off)
--Audio Misc = 0 (What does this do?)
--Criteria = Proximity
--HighlightStyle = GlowRed (using temporarily to confirm I am within the active radius)
--Trigger Time = 0

bagross

Re: Audio cue help

Post by bagross » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:57 am

After further testing, I find that when "Audio Loop" under "Phase 1: Highlight" is set to different values for the two dynamic test models, the audio does not stop when I move out of the active radius of the model set to 1.

Example: Model1 audio loop = 1 and Model2 audio loop = 2
--Go to Model1--> audio continues playing, go to Model2--> audio stops when I leave active radius
--Same result when I switch loop values (i.e., Model1 loop =2-->audio stops; Model2 loop = 1--> audio continues to play), so at least it is logical. ;)

When they are both set to 1 or 2, audio does not stop playing when I leave the active radius.

When they are both set to 0, sometimes audio will shut off when I leave the active radius. When I changed both to 3, results were same as when they were set to different values. When I changed both back to 0, results were same as when set to different values. So I am not finding a consistent solution. :?

AdrianC

Post by AdrianC » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:13 pm

I'll look into some of these issues.

Audio Loop currently sets whether audio is looped. Setting to 1 enables looping, setting it to 0 will play the audio only once. (will be switched to a menu instead of numbers in mazemaker for clarity)

Because currently the way that MazeWalker handles sounds, each sound is provided its own channel, So when it is told to stop once, it will stop playing that sound. To resolve this issue, try using different sound files for now.

The audio misc setting has three options and designates what happens when you leave the active radius. 0 stops the audio, 1 pauses the audio (so that it can be resumed), and 2 lets it play to completion (or keep looping forever).
But it apparently was made inactive due to a typo, so in the next version these functions will be restored.

I've also added an audio misc option 3 which now scales the audio with distance

hasanayaz
Site Admin

Post by hasanayaz » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:54 pm

The latest release includes features to help with this, specifically see the following
sc1.jpg

bagross

Post by bagross » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:19 am

Awesome!

Thanks,
Brooks