accuracy

pqz

accuracy

Post by pqz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:14 am

I have a question
How much is the actual distance between ceiling and floor?
which unit of measure do you use? cm?
what is the height of objects in maze?
I have to use objects and distances accurate to my idea.
can you help me?

hasanayaz
Site Admin

Re: accuracy

Post by hasanayaz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:34 am

Hello,

Sure, everything is in maze units (arbitrary) that can be converted to any other such as meters if necessary.

The height of ceiling from floor is 2 maze units.

Any other distance and length can be seen from 'Maze Coordinates' property of the selected object. There are three parts for each coordinate (X,Y and Z). Floor is in XZ plane and Y is the axis that is perpendicular to the floor. I hope these help.

hasanayaz
Site Admin

Post by hasanayaz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi Pasquale, posting the information also here to record after sharing with emails:

Walls and floor can be easily measured and scaled within maze units accurately.

By the way, you can set floor level ( by changing the Y component of all maze coordinates.) By default, it is -1, and ceiling is set to +1 in Y axis. And eye (camera) is at 0 in Y axis.

Static and dynamic objects are a little more complicated because they depend on the initial model size and orientation but other items (wall and floor) can be easily edited with the exact distance easily.

AdrianC

Post by AdrianC » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Not to revive a dead thread here, but the floor is located at -1 maze unit, and the ceiling is located at +1maze unit. So the height in between them is 2 maze units. The Player's eyelevel in the game is about at -.33 maze units, so taking that into account if we assume the player is 5' 6" or 167cm and that eye level is about 5 inches (13cm) below so 5' 1" or 154cm, then that means that the maze is about 2.3 meters high or 7.6feet

So 1 maze unit is 1.15meters or 3.8feet :)

hasanayaz
Site Admin

Post by hasanayaz » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:57 pm

Sure, everything is in maze units including the measurement in mazeanalyzer, but you can convert them to other units if you like as suggested.

Hope this helps.