Tiling wall texture causes wall transparence

etoml001

Tiling wall texture causes wall transparence

Post by etoml001 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi, I was wondering if this was due to a recent update.

When I select walls and set them to be tiled instead of stretched for wall textures the walls become semi-invisible.

Is there something I can do with this?

Also I was hoping for some advice with Skybox. I'm having trouble getting the skybox feature to work, even if I apply the texture the ceiling texture/color seems to always override it and not allow the skybox to show.
P.S. The file size max is 256 kb, maybe increase to half a meg, I had to recrop my screenshot 3x to upload to the forum lol.
Attachments
error.jpg

etoml001

Re: Tiling wall texture causes wall transparence

Post by etoml001 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:00 pm

I think I resolved the problem!

So sorry, it seems like it was from me using a .png file for the wall texture and not the .jpg. There was also another issue with the corners of the images being cut off with the .png images so the corners of walls had holes in them, but switching voer to .jpg seems to have fixed both the issues.

I would still love that skybox advice though ;)

hasanayaz
Site Admin

Re: Tiling wall texture causes wall transparence

Post by hasanayaz » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:20 pm

Yes, png files can have transparency but jpg file can not (as they are single layer).

For skybox to work, you will need to remove the ceiling from all floor objects. You can do this in single click, by using the left pane. At the left pane, click on "Floors" item, this will select all floors, and then on the righthandside-pane (properties pane), set "Ceiling" property to false.

Also, thanks for your note, changed the forum settings to allow attachments up to 1MB :)

Cheers.